Upgrading an Existing 5.0.1 CP Template to Version 5.1.0
If you have any difficulty following any of the instructions below, please contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance at 805-756-7000.
- In Dreamweaver, open the /Library folder in your site and go to Edit > Find and Replace in your menu bar.
- Make sure that in the drop down "Find In:"
- Click the folder icon directly to the right of it. This will open either your Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder. Browse through the explorer and select the /Library folder in your template.
- Do a Find and Replace for
5.0.1replacing all instances of this with
This will update all your library items.
- Next, go to Modify > Templates > Update Pages. Make sure the drop down "Look in:" has
Entire Siteselected, and under "Update:" check Library items and Templates (shown below). Click start and wait for your pages to be updated.
Step 2: - Updating Your Master Template
- Open your
master.dwtin your Templates folder. Go to Edit > Find and Replace again. This time make sure you are only searching within the
Current DocumentReplace all instances of
- Search for
5.0to find the statements:
Cal Poly Web Template v5.0and
<meta name="codebase" content="5.0" />
- Change the ending of these items to
- Finally, add the code
<meta name="viewport" content="width=1036" />directly below the line
<meta http-equiv="X"-UA-Compatible" content="IE-Edge" />(shown above).
- Save your
Step 3: - Make a Backup Copy of Your Current main-nav-megamenu.lbi file
Before continuing you need to make a copy of your
In Dreamweaver go to the
/Library folder in your site and find the
main-nav-megamenu.lbi and make a duplicate copy of the file by copying and pasting. (You can do this by selecting the item in Dreamweaver and using the
ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts for windows or
command+V for mac).
It should appear in your file menu as
main-nav-megamenu.lbi - Copy.
Step 4: - Get a new Copy of the main-nav-megamenu.lbi file and put it in your site
- You will need to download the 5.1.0 template.
- After downloading, unzip the file to your desktop.
- Use Windows file explorer or Mac finder to open the
/Libraryfolder within the downloaded template. Copy the new
main-nav-megamenu.lbifile by right clicking and copying the file.
- Open a new file explorer / finder window and navigate to the
/Libraryfolder in your current site, pasting the file and replacing your
main-nav-megamenu.lbifile. This will ensure that your site has the newest MegaNav code.
Step 5: - Rebuild the MegaNav
If your site uses the MegaNav menu, you will need to rebuild the menu using pieces from the backup copy you created in Step 3 above.
Note: We have added new code that is necessary for the new changes to take effect. Specifically, we have added
<span> tags within the h3 headings, and a
<div class="clear"> between the linkblock rows.
Do Not remove these items. Do not "Bulk" copy the code of your old MegaNav and overwrite these items. It must be rebuilt.
- Using Dreamweaver, open the main-nav-megamenu.lbi.
- Rebuild your MegaNav to fit your site.
- Use your
main-nav-megamenu.lbi - Copyas a reference for changes. You can copy and paste parts of the code into your new MegaNav as long as the
<div class="clear>elements are not altered.